In the UK-TUG inbox today we received a message about an upcoming meeting at the Open University in Milton Keynes focussed on maths in electronic media.
We’re pleased to announce that there will be a one-day technical workshop on mathematical content in electronic media, to take place at The Open University, Milton Keynes on Wednesday 9th September.
The workshop will have three main themes:
- Content related technical problems in supporting e-Learning in mathematics
- Standards related to digitisation of mathematics research literature
- Formulas and equations in otherwise non-mathematical content
Attendance is limited to about 30, and there are funds for travel and accommodation.
We thank JISC and the OU for funding this workshop.
For more information, and to let us know you’d like to attend, visit:
With best regards
The Program Committee:
- Jonathan Fine, The Open University
- David McKain, Edinburgh University
- Petr Sojka, Masaryk University